Monday, December 4, 2006

counting my blessings

I am thankful for:

My husband, who believes I am as strong as I try to be.

My son, who knows I'm not, but loves me anyway.

My girlfriends, who let me vent, and cry and laugh with me and keep me sane.

Especially my friends who helped me move back in April.
Amy, who is organized and kind and steady, and through just showing up, again and again without my asking kept me alive. Really.
Shannon, who packed my kitchen, listened to me weep, and kept smiling through it all, even tucking away a lovely note in my coffee pot (which I eventually found!)
Erin, who showed up the night before the truck left, completely unasked and was there packing up my bathroom when I got back from buying more boxes.
Jana, who kept me tethered to the real world, and fed me every Tuesday night while the kids played and laughed.
Jackie, my amazing sister-in-law, who helped me pack that last night into the wee hours, and showed up the next morning with donuts for the movers.
My nephew Matt, who showed up on moving day and hauled some really big stuff to the goodwill, and was really sweet.
My mother-in-law and father-in-law and Sandy (especially them, they helped even though they REALLY DIDN'T WANT US TO MOVE), who helped us pack, and miss us like crazy, and love us because we're their kids, and want what's best for us.
Our realtor, Renu, who brought pie at 9:30 at night the night before our truck left, knowing I would be up until morning, and pie is good.
Our mover, Chuck, who made me breathe easier about everything, who was calm and incredibly detailed and great at what he did, and made me feel like even if I didn't arrive in one piece, everything else would.

I am standing now at a safe distance from that crazy time, but I'm feeling emotional about it today. Auld Lang Syne-ish.
Maybe it's because I'm writing my Christmas cards, and I'm feeling overwhelmed by this flood of love and goodwill I feel. Or maybe I'm on the sappy end of my hormone rush. It could be a wicked combination of both. Even so, it doesn't make it any less true.

I am so grateful. I am so blessed.

No comments: