Tuesday, January 23, 2007

privacy please

I am about to tell a funny story about someone I know, who lives in our house, and who only comes up to the top of my ribcage. I’m withholding his name, because someday he’ll be old enough to read these entries, although I’m sure he’ll have no interest in doing so. But just in case, here’s something hilarious he said tonight while we were snuggling under the covers before bed time…

Him: “Mom, I have to tell you something private. I feel kind of shy about it.”
Me: “Okay. But you don’t have to be shy. You can just tell me.”
Him: “Someone at school whose name starts with ** (letters withheld to protect the innocent) guess what kind of car she has?”
Me: “Um…. I don’t know.”
Him: “A Range Rover” Eyes wide, followed by a fit of giggles
Me: “Okaaaaay. But why is that private?”
Him: “Because I’m touching my tookas”

2 comments:

suttonhoo said...

I'm so glad you're writing these down.

too funny.

mrsf5 said...

I really should have known better than to read your blog tonight.

For one thing, it's absurdly late and I have a billion things to do tomorrow, but once I start reading, I can't stop. And, more importantly, I read something like this gem and laugh so loud that it's only a matter of time until someone wakes up crying.

So off to bed I go, a giggling fool. Thanks to you. Harumph.