Friday, February 23, 2007

When I'm 100 Years Old by Joe-Henry McQuary

Joe-Henry had his first 100 days of school this week, and there were lots of lessons about counting, etc. But they had to tell an adult what they would be doing when they were 100 years old. (He stayed away from the old standby "I'll be dead, and so will you", so he was actually able to finish his assignment.)

So here it is, with no editing from mom:

When I'm 100, there will be black gates on 13th & Grand Boulevard. There might be new people in town. Maybe there won't be anymore cars. Maybe everyone will have to take buses. My house will change. The color will wash off and the floors will get older. I'll still be singing songs, but I'll have an old voice. I'll have wrinkles on me. There will be new things in my house. My bathtub might look different. I think the town will get older. I think that there will be different stores.