Monday, September 17, 2007

When My Own Words Bite Me In The Ass

I've been on Joe-Henry lately about putting things away, making sure to hang up his coat and backpack when he comes home, and pick up his toys when he's done playing. He'll throw his jacket on the couch, and I'll ask him if that's where it goes.

Today when we got home from work and school and meetings and I plopped my tired booty on the couch and flipped off my shoes, letting them land with a thump onto the floor, he cocked his head, folded his arms and said:

"Mom? Is THAT where your shoes belong?"

At least he's listening.

2 comments:

suttonhoo said...

:D

Kimberly said...

Don't you love it when they do that! Guilty, guilty, guilty. But yes it is nice to know that even if they don't do it all the time they are listening to what we tell them over and over and over again.

Thanks again for my birthday insights. I'm still pondering a few of them.