Saturday, February 2, 2008

Super Tuesday

Have you noticed the counter at the bottom of this blog? I did a couple of weeks ago: when I looked it said "364 days left in office". There is LESS THAN A YEAR LEFT of this train wreck of a presidency, and judging from the last Democratic debate, it's possible, just possible that we might get out of this debacle alive.

But no matter what they say, it's up to us. Pay attention to what they do. Look at voting records. Listen to what they say, yes, because occasionally they will slip up and say what they really mean. But look deeper than what the television will show you in 15 second sound bytes. In fact, here you go:

Here's Barack Obama's voting record, and here's Hillary Clinton's voting record.

And because I don't ever assume, here is Mitt Romney's score card (he doesn't have a voting record that we can see because he's not a member of congress), with the same for Mike Huckabee (who wouldn't even fill out the form about where he stands on the issues for project votesmart)and here is John McCain's voting record.

With thanks to the WashingtonPost.com, Project Vote Smart, and Google. It's easy to find the information you need to make your decision. It's more time consuming to analyze the information, but it's critical that we do so. We've been brought to the brink of disaster by our own... what? Apathy, negligence, passivity?

Whatever...It's imperative that we don't do it again.

1 comment:

Claire Thompson said...

I'm so ignorant to it all, plus I'm an alien so I can't vote, maybe one day I will be able to, I didn't grow up in a household that was passionate about voting but I love that I feel the influences of strong women that are. Still working on getting you the cornbread recipe.