Saturday, June 13, 2009

Love You All

Thank you all for your kind words. It helps so much to know that there is such goodness in the world. I'm so grateful to all of you, many of whom are going through so much right now. I was thinking recently that Death is no mystery. It's as certain as Sunrise - even more so. It's LIFE that can be so damned confounding.

I heard this song today on a cd I had burned for Annie to listen to during her chemo treatments, and I thought, that's just the plain truth. We're all in this together. Sometimes we're not that wild about all of our traveling companions through this world, but if we're lucky we meet a few like minded souls who make the trip fly by.

Thank you again for sharing your love, for sending healing thoughts to my friend and her family. I know that it meant a great deal to her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this. I vividly remember when I was pregnant with my first not being afraid of labor, because I kept thinking "if generations upon generations of women have done this, SURELY I can do it also". I have the same attitude about death and dying - it happens for everyone, and we're all in it together, so, you know, it'll be okay.

Of course, I may end up reconsidering that when I'm actually going through the process. Sort of like when I was actually going THROUGH my first labor, and all those affirmations went out the window with HOLYMOTHERMARYOFGODTHISHURTSLIKEAMOFO.

Thinking of you and wishing you peace and love.